Do you love a good Chinese meal? Then you will love this sweet & sour chicken recipe. Oh and guess what, it’s easy… Don’t you love easy recipes.
I find this recipe to be between orange chicken and sweet & sour chicken in it’s taste. So if you love both or one you should give it a try.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Put the chicken into the bag with the cornstarch and seal, tossing to coat the chicken.
- Whisk the eggs together in a shallow pie plate. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot and rippling. Dip the cornstarch-coated chicken pieces in the egg and place them carefully in a single layer in the hot skillet.
- Cook for 20-30 seconds on each side until the crust is golden but the chicken is not all the way cooked through (this is where it's really important to have a hot skillet/oil). Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9X13-inch baking dish and repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken. Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once or twice while cooking to coat evenly with sauce. Serve over hot, steamed rice.
- If you like extra sauce, double the sauce ingredients!
After all your chicken pieces are fried, place them into a baking dish and mix the sauce ingredients together.
Pour your sauce onto the chicken.
Then after baking in the oven your sweet and sour chicken is all ready to eat.
Linkin Up: Link Party Palooza, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, DIY Inspired Link Party, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Work It Wednesday, Enchanting Inspiration, Monday Funday, Inspire Me Please, WOW Us Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight & Mason Jars, The Makers Link Party,