Do you love some good Mexican tacos? We do but Eric loves loves loves him some Mexican food… So we make Mexican food pretty often and this Carne Asada Taco recipe is a favorite because guess what it’s easy. Are you getting a picture with most of our favorite recipes? They are easy to make…
Here is the recipe we use for Carne Asada Tacos.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound carne asada beef or flank steak
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 gallon zip-lock bag
- Place oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper into zip-lock bag and mix together. Place beef, onions, and garlic into zip-lock bag, Close bag and with hands, massage beef until evenly coated. Place in refrigerator and marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill beef until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes then cut into thin slices.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings in a soft tortilla shell.
Then you put the meat on the grill and cook, which only takes a couple of minutes per side because its skinny meat. After the meat is done cooking cut it into slices and serve… It’s that easy!
Anyone else love them some Tacos? Whats your favorite Mexican food recipe? I am always looking for new ones.