Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope you are enjoying your day with your family, someone you love, or really just having a good time. I wanted to share a quote about being thankful no matter what because we all should having something to get thankful for!


Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

 Do you love a good Chinese meal? Then you will love this sweet & sour chicken recipe. Oh and guess what, it’s easy… Don’t you love easy recipes.

Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe

I find this recipe to be between orange chicken and sweet & sour chicken in it’s taste. So if you love both or one you should give it a try.

Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Serves 4
An easy sweet & sour chicken recipe...
Write a review
Prep Time
20 min
Cook Time
1 hr
Total Time
1 hr 20 min
Prep Time
20 min
Cook Time
1 hr
Total Time
1 hr 20 min
  1. 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
  2. Salt and pepper
  3. 1 cup cornstarch
  4. 2 large eggs, beaten
  5. 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil
  1. 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  2. 4 tablespoons ketchup
  3. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  4. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  5. 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Put the chicken into the bag with the cornstarch and seal, tossing to coat the chicken.
  3. Whisk the eggs together in a shallow pie plate. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot and rippling. Dip the cornstarch-coated chicken pieces in the egg and place them carefully in a single layer in the hot skillet.
  4. Cook for 20-30 seconds on each side until the crust is golden but the chicken is not all the way cooked through (this is where it's really important to have a hot skillet/oil). Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9X13-inch baking dish and repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
  5. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken. Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once or twice while cooking to coat evenly with sauce. Serve over hot, steamed rice.
  1. If you like extra sauce, double the sauce ingredients!
Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
TwoFeetFirst http://www.twofeetfirst.net/
 After coating your chicken pieces you will then fry them in oil. The first time I made this recipe, I could not believe that you coat your chicken in cornstarch.

Sweet and sour chicken recipe

After all your chicken pieces are fried, place them into a baking dish and mix the sauce ingredients together.

Sweet and Sour chicken

Pour your sauce onto the chicken.

sweet & sour chicken recipe

Then after baking in the oven your sweet and sour chicken is all ready to eat.

Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe

Linkin Up:  Link Party Palooza, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, DIY Inspired Link Party, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Work It Wednesday, Enchanting Inspiration, Monday Funday, Inspire Me Please, WOW Us Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight & Mason Jars, The Makers Link Party,