Can you believe it is almost the last day of the year??? I can’t and I am still wondering where the year went. Sorry for all the recap posts but I am enjoying the holidays with my family, so you get recap posts…
And today I wanted to share how we did with our 2016 house goals (we will be doing a new one next week for 2017!). We like writing down our house project goals, we display ours in the kitchen that way we see them all year.
But here is the exact lists we made for this year.
- update master closet – I am working on finishing this one up and will blog about it soon!
rework bathroom/hallway cupboard– This is done but I have not blogged about it yet. repaint kitchen walls– I repainted the walls but not the ceiling.
- paint ceiling in master bedroom, kids room, hallway, and kitchen
organize spice cabinet in kitchen– I love how easy this is!
- add recessed lights to kitchen and remove old ceiling lights
- update living room closet
- add artwork to kids room
build porch planter box– love the look of this guy! replace mailbox– we really like our new mailbox.
- fix water coming into basement – I tried to fix it but it still leaks just a little bit
build backyard gate– add shelving to bathroom(upstairs) redo bathroom light(upstairs) redo bathroom mirror(upstairs) add shelving in living room decorate living room demo the red room downstairs– the only thing left is the carpet!
- egress some basement windows – next year
- replace all basement windows – next year
- build a closet for bedroom downstairs (green room) – half way done with this one
- remodel the green room in the basement – hoping for next year
- insulate room
- update electrical plus add recessed lights
- add drywall
- add flooring
redo bathroom drain stack(the rest of the way)
- repaint walls in red room in basement with waterproofing paint
THE extra list –
redo main water lines move water heater & water softener move laundry redo basement electrical for house– I still need to finish some of the basement electrical.
- redo duck work – next year
- replace furnace & A/C
- insulate basement
- add drywall to basement
THE EXTRA not on the list –
Most of our money went into the main water line and all the water lines in the house plus some electrical, making it hard to complete any of the other project we wanted to do. Anyone one else have a to-do list for the new year?