Who loves a good biscuit??? I do… That is one of my favorite things to have when you are eating fried chicken, anyone else? But guess what you can have a biscuit anytime with this easy biscuit recipe.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Cut butter into mixture until it begins to look like cornmeal.
- Make a well with the flour mixture and slowly add milk into the middle. Knead dough with your fingers.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll to desired thickness. Cut with small biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Here is how I make my biscuits, oh and normally Eric makes this recipe… First place all your dry ingredients into a bowl. Then add your softened butter. TIP: Use real butter it makes your biscuits so so much better…
Mix your butter into your dry ingredients with a fork then add your milk. Mix again.
After you have mixed your ingredients together, lightly flour your counter top/surface and roll your biscuits dough until about an 1/2″ thick. Then cut your biscuits out, if you noticed I use a glass cup.
Next place dough onto a baking sheet and bake. Now you have a delicious fluffy biscuit.