I have been slacking lately and have not shared a recipe in a while so today I am sharing one of my kids favorite meals: PIZZA. They ask for it all the time plus it’s an easy meal that they can help make.
Here is our favorite pizza dough recipe:
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 teaspoonInstant Or Active Dry Yeast
- 1-1/2 cupWarm Water
- 4 cupsAll-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoonKosher Salt
- 1/3 cupOlive Oil
- Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
- Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours, or store in the fridge until you need it. Note: it’s best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.
- When you are ready to make the pizza, grab HALF the pizza dough (recipe makes 2 crusts) and squeeze the dough toward the bottom to form a nice, tight, pulled ball. You can roll out the pizza with a rolling pin if you’d like, but sometimes it’s just as easy to throw it around and pull and stretch till it feels right. And when the crust is nice and thin, lay it on an oiled baking sheet or pizza pan. Drizzle a little olive oil on the dough and spread it with your fingers. Very lightly sprinkle some salt on the crust.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Top your crust with your toppings of choice. Then bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
We also like to make a BBQ chicken pizza, we use this same dough recipe. But here is some more pictures of my kids favorite pepperoni with olives.
Anyone else love a good homemade pizza?