We thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that bloggers can use to see the products and services we use with our blog (well both of our blogs). The list will be continually evolving as we find different resources that are worth mentioning.
So read on for some awesome blogging resources that will help you achieve your blogging goals! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything extra. Regardless of whether or not I receive a commission, I only recommend products that I personally use and genuinely recommend for any blogger! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
– MUST HAVE COURSES –
ALL INCLUSIVE BLOGGING COURSE:
Elite Blog Academy – When I first started blogging I read the book How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup and was very impressed with what I read, looks of info. For a couple of years, I debated on purchasing Ruth’s blogging course. Then finally in Feb. 2016 I took the plunge and purchased the course.
Now, this course (if done right) takes time but, without a doubt, is very very rewarding. I am actual still in the process of finishing the course. But my blog have seen great growth because of the information I have learned to far.
Elite Blog Academy is not open all the time. Sadly, registration typically opens only once in Spring (only for 5 days at a time), so be sure to sign-up to be added to the waiting list, that way you will be notified when registration begins!
– BOOKS TO READ –
– Building A Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook by Abby Lawson. This book is great for someone just starting out with blogging; it covers everything from how to pick a blog name to how to grow that blog.
– Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers by Tasha Agruso. This book is wonderful at providing the resources for increasing your affiliate income. Since reading my income has increased because of the info I have learned. There are many important elements needed to sell items/products on a website and this book covers/explains those. Also new is that Tasha now has a marketing course.
– How to Style your Brand by Fiona Humberstone. When you start out in blogging you need to think of your brand (design). This book will help you think about what elements your blog brand needs. It helps you have a consistent look for your brand. PS… There will be an updated book soon!
– SITEHOST –
– I recently moved from Bluehost to SiteGround and am SO THRILLED with my experience. Their prices are low and their customer service is great!!!
– The perfect place to start hosting your blog. They are a low priced option but great product!
– DESIGN –
– All my sites run on this framework with a “child theme” also. This will give you nearly endless customization options. The company that created this StudioPress also have premium child themes. I have/using these themes:
– PHOTO EDITING –
ADOBE LIGHTROOM – This is my favorite place to edit all my photos and hands-down the biggest time saver in editing photos. You can sign-up for a free trial believe me you will be hooked! They offer this as a creative cloud or software.
CANVA – This is a web-based program, plus I can be FREE. I use this sometimes to create “Pin It” images.
INKSCAPE – This is a free program that you can use to design a logo. It’s what I use.
– EMAIL & MANAGEMENT GROWTH –
MAILERLITE– This is my new email provider! They offer a free account to get you started for up to 1,000 subscribers plus you get FREE automation and landing pages!! I never thought I could like an email provider as much as I like this one. Be sure to check it out for yourself because you could be switching!!
MAILCHIMP – I started with Mailchimp and had it for 2 years. They offer a free account to get started also. You only start paying once your subscribers have reached 2,000. And then only pay based on the number of subscribers you have. This is a great starting point but I would suggest you look at MailerLite first!!!
– SOCIAL MEDIA –
TAILWIND – I used this to schedule my Pinterest pins. Plus they have “Tribes” to help your pins get pinned more. I love how easy this is to work. You can sign up for a free trial here.
HOOTSUITE – I use Hootsuite to schedule my Facebook, Google +, and Instagram posts. Plus it’s FREE with some plans!
– AFFILIATE PROGRAMS –
AMAZON – It’s well-known and very popular. I would highly recommend joining Amazon Associates program if you are looking at monetizing your blog.
CJ AFFILIATE – Has a huge affiliate network.
SKIMLINKS – This one makes more brands available to monetize.
Wow, that was a lot of resources and I hope you found something useful. Do you have any other resources you would recommend? I would love to hear them!