Something that we love in this house is homemade bread. As soon as my kids find out that we are making bread, they act like we are taking a long car ride and keep asking if we are there yet but instead its is the bread done yet. They love eating it right out of the oven and who can blame them? It’s delicious!!!
And it’s even better with some homemade raspberry jam.
Making bread is not that hard, it just takes time.
Homemade White Bread
- 2 TBS active dry yeast
- 3 TBS white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 TBS butter (softened)
- 1 TBS salt
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- In a mixer or large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and butter to yeast mixture.
- Stir slowly until combined.
- After all flour has been added and dough pulls from the sides, knead for 6-8 minutes.
- Oil another bowl (or current mixing bowl), and place dough in bowl and roll it in the oil to coat.
- Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for about 1 hour, till doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves on a lightly floured surface and roll into loaves.
- Place each loaf in a greased bread pan.
- Cover and allow to rise for another 40 minutes, or doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 25 minutes.
Here is the dough after it was done kneading.
The way I oil the bowl is placing the dough on one side and spraying the bowl then flipping the dough to the other side and spraying it with oil also.
After an hour the dough looked like this.
Now it’s time to form the loaf. First flatten the dough until about 1/2″ thick.
Then roll the dough up.
And shape into a loaf and place into the bread pans.
After cooking you will have a delicious bread fresh out of the oven!!!