Lots of different ways you can upgrade your home with a budget in mind.
Are you wanting to upgrade your home on a budget? There are lots of budget-friendly ways to upgrade your home. Here are lots of ideas for you to update your outdoor home into something you can love!
Upgrade your home with a budget in mind
- Update your kitchen cabinets:
- An inexpensive way to updated your kitchen cabinets is by painting them. There are many fantastic tutorials on how to paint cabinets like this How to paint kitchen cabinets from The DIY Dreamer or how I painted kitchen cabinets with a paint sprayer.
- Another way to update your cabinet is by adding trim to the cabinet doors, see how I updated my cabinet doors without replacing them.
- A great way to add character to your cabinet base is by adding shiplap to the outside. See this tutorial on how to add character to a kitchen peninsula from The Frugal Homemaker.
- Update the walls:
- Update the trim work:
- Trim around windows, doors, or even the floor helps to update a space. You can see how to install simple DIY window trim from my tutorial. But sometimes you just need to update the existing trim. An easy way to do this is caulking the trim, you can see how to re-caulk cracked caulk from Brittany Goldwyn.
- Update the lighting:
- An easy way to update a room is by updating the lighting, this could even be just replacing the light bulb. But a great way to update lighting on a budget is creating the light. You can create this DIY pendant light to go above your kitchen sink or island. Or you can even create a DIY farmhouse beam chandelier for your dining room. Maybe you want something in your bathroom, how about creating a simple DIY farmhouse vanity light fixture.
- Update the homes organization:
- Something that every home need is organization and there are many budget-friendly ways to update a homes organization. Let’s start with some kitchen organization like this DIY pantry closet shelves from Just Measuring Up. Or building a pullout baking sheet drawer for the kitchen.
- There are also ways to update closets, like this DIY closet system with drawers. Or maybe you want a more simple DIY closet organizer. You can even update your coat closet to add shoe shelves.
- Update the curb appeal:
There are so many ways to update your home on a budget and I hope this will help give you some ideas on how to update your outdated home.